About this Process
Fi’s proprietary resin systems, decorative finishes, and controlled molding processes provide our customers with expansive process offerings to meet their product needs. Reaction Injection Molding (RIM) is the process of mixing two liquid polymer resins at high pressure to react and form a solid.
With over 60 years of collective RIM experience, Fi Company offers best-in-class processes and resin systems to our customers. As a national leader in the RIM process, we have engineered several complimentary polyurethane systems that cover a variety of customer needs.
Our system characteristics include:
Our proprietary technology allows for:
- Extensive design flexibility
- Low-cost tooling
- Large and small part size capability
- Varied wall thicknesses
- Excellent strength to weight ratio and impact properties
- Decorative in-mold and secondary finishes
- B side geometry including ribs and bosses
- Over molding and encapsulation